CUTE EDITOR 6.1 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SOURCESAFE

•  05-16-2008, 5:11 AM

CUTE EDITOR 6.1 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SOURCESAFE

I have discovered that CuteEditor 6.1 does not work with Sourcesafe. From what I can see Cute Editor builds an array of the files in the config folders and then parses them. The problem is that Sourcesafe leaves vssver.scc files in each folder that is under source control.

Can you please change this so that vssver.scc files are not added to the config array and therefore not parsed as xml files as devs using Sourcesafe can not use this version until the issue is solved.

If you need a vssver.scc file in order to look at this then please let me know and I can send you one.

The stack trace follows:
    [XmlException: '', hexadecimal value 0x12, is an invalid character. Line 1, position 2.]
    System.Xml.XmlScanner.ScanContent() +865
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ParseRoot() +51
    System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() +127
    System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() +146
    System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() +26
    System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace) +80
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader) +72
    System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(Stream inStream) +96
    CuteEditor.Impl.EditorProvider.LoadCachedXmlConfiguration(HttpContext context, ArrayList files) +364
    [Exception: Error On d:\Projekte\VB.NET\i-qBox 5\iqbox_admin\CuteSoft_Client\CuteEditor\Configuration\Shared\vssver.scc]
    CuteEditor.Impl.EditorProvider.LoadCachedXmlConfiguration(HttpContext context, ArrayList files) +462
    CuteEditor.Impl.EditorProvider.GetEditorConfig(Editor editor) +610
    CuteEditor.Impl.EditorProvider.GetToolbarItems(Editor editor, String type) +308
    CuteEditor.a.n() +314
    CuteEditor.Editor.CreateChildControls() +37
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +100
    CuteEditor.Editor.get_ToolControls() +12
    Comartis.iqBox5.CuteEditorWrapper.Draw(Page pPage)
    ASP.tedit_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control parameterContainer) in d:\Projekte\VB.NET\i-qBox 5\iqbox_admin\includes\cuteedit\dhf_htmledit.aspx:24
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
    System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1926
View Complete Thread