Re: The License for Editor is not valid

•  02-01-2005, 9:55 PM

Re: The License for Editor is not valid

Now I’m getting the same error on my localhost.

I wasn’t before.

I have already tried downloading it again. No luck.

I only downloaded the software yesterday. I don’t think I have installed it before. Is that the error I would get if I had?

This is the error page I get running the demo

Server Error in '/CuteEdit' Application.

The License for Editor is not valid.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: The License for Editor is not valid.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
       <system.web>
           <compilation debug="true"/>
       </system.web>
    </configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[LicenseException: The License for Editor is not valid.]
       v.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions) +534
       CuteEditor.EditorLicenceProvider.GetLicense(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions) +55
       System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternalRecursive(LicenseContext context, Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license, String& licenseKey) +320
       System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.ValidateInternal(Type type, Object instance, Boolean allowExceptions, License& license) +44
       System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.Validate(Type type) +29
       CuteEditor.Editor..ctor() +57
       _ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControlEditor1() +23
       _ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControl__control2() +84
       _ASP.Default_aspx.__BuildControlTree(Control __ctrl) +56
       _ASP.Default_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() +30
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +85
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute() +179
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +87

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

View Complete Thread