Embed into VB page

•  04-02-2008, 1:28 PM

Embed into VB page

I currently have a vb page that I would like to embed cutechat into, but the instructions seem a little limited (from what I have found).  Does anyone have sample code on how to embed the chat window into a vb.net 2.x or 3.x web page?

I have added the following code to my page...

<%@ Register TagPrefix="CuteChat" TagName="EmbedChannel" src="~/cutechat/cutesoft_client/cutechat/embedchannel.ascx" %>

<script>

//set up the parameters

Embed_Location='Lobby'

Embed_LocationId='1'

</script>

<CuteChat:EmbedChannel id="EmbedMessenger1" runat="server"></CuteChat:EmbedChannel>

When I try to open the test page I get the following error since my page is written in vb

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase'.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Control Language="c#" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="CuteChat.ChatCtrlBase" %>
                Line 2:  <%@ Import Namespace="CuteChat" %>
                Line 3:  <script runat="server">

Source File: /cutechat/cutesoft_client/cutechat/embedchannel.ascx    Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433
View Complete Thread