Some programming questions about Cute Editor

•  03-04-2008, 9:43 PM

Some programming questions about Cute Editor

Hello.  This is my first time on this forum.  I have been working with Cute Editor for a few days now to see how it can be used in my project.  I must say that I'm very impressed with it!  I do have a few programming questions about it though:

1. Is is possible to instantiate the editor on the server side using C# or am I only able to use the XML tags on the .aspx pages?  If this is possible, then how may I accomplish this?

2. Is it possible to have Cute Editor's toolbar and the editing field in different parts of the page?  The editor control from the ComponentArt people does that.  Click here to see their demo.   BTW, I am not going to use the control from ComponentArt because it is very buggy.  From viewing this forum, Cute Editor has its own issues, but at least I can deal with them so far.  :)

3. If I can't seperate the toolbar from the editing field, it looks like I can use the JavaScript API to do all the button functions to implement my own toolbar.  Is this assumption correct?  If so, then how can I tell what the style settings are at the cursor selection so I can set the button states (e.g. bold, italic, etc.) in my toolbar?

Thanks for your time.
View Complete Thread