Re: Upgrade from V5 to V6 Gives Error - Object reference not sent to an instance of an object

•  03-01-2008, 4:58 PM

Re: Upgrade from V5 to V6 Gives Error - Object reference not sent to an instance of an object

The problem from converting or upgrading from the 5.3 to the 6.0 version was the fact that you have changed the path and property names, etc. in the CuteEditor.  I created my own security config file a few years ago and the property value was...

SecurityPolicyFile="mypolicyname.config" AutoConfigure="none"

Now I had to use...

ConfigurationPath="~/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/mypolicyname.config"

That was the reason that this code wouldn't work...
    CType(oCuteEditor.ToolControls("NewEmail").Control, System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebControl).Attributes.Add("onclick", "return ConfirmNewEmailWindow(""Are you sure you want to clear this email??\nSelect 'OK' to delete or 'Cancel' to quit."",'" & oCuteEditor.ClientID & "');")

By the way, that line of code above is pretty cool. It basically addes an onclick event to a custom button that I defined with a name of NewEmail in my mypolicyname.config file. :)

The problem was because my 'NewEmail' button wasn't loading and because the editor had no config or something, it wasn't really loading!  So it would fail.  I guess if there are any errors in your HTML configuration settings for the CuteEditor, it goes crazy and doesn't even load.  I hope this helps someone else.

View Complete Thread