Error - Could not load file or assembly 'CuteEditor' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

•  02-25-2008, 1:33 PM

Error - Could not load file or assembly 'CuteEditor' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Hi all,

I think this topic has been covered before, but I can't find it right now.

Been at this for 2 days.  I keep getting the following error when I try to view both CuteEditor and DotNetGallery demos on my own server:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#"%>
    Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>
    Line 3: <html>
    Line 4:

Source File: /douglasmcgregor.co.uk/DotNetGallery/demo.aspx    Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DotNetGallery' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I've got the CuteEditor.dll and the other relevent DotNetGallery in my Bin folder, and referenced them all, but no joy.  I've stopped the indexing service, and given the WINDOWS/Temp folder full read/write privileges.  I think what I need to do is get access to the configuration for the default files path, so how would I find this?

Thanks

Dug

View Complete Thread