PasteCleanHtml not working in firefox

•  02-11-2008, 10:27 PM

PasteCleanHtml not working in firefox

While pasting in from word, this option works fine in IE6 and IE7 it is not working in Firefox. I am using 2.0.0.11
    I have tested this on your site at the link http://cutesoft.net/example/editor-onpaste.aspx so you can try it there. I used the following text.

Franklin gothic heavy

Antique Olive

Whatever this is

then there is Lucia

... In IE the font sizes and different font faces are reset to the textarea style (just what we want) but in firefox they appear just the same.  This is very frustrating because the client does not want his users to be able to change the fonts so no font style or size buttons are displayed to the user, all entered text must be Arial 11px. This means the wrong font sizes and faces get stored in the database and there is no way for users to change them.

Yes I am using the latest version of the editor, so before you reply with any questions just try it on your own site with some formatted text from Word and you will see my problem. Also if I try to paste into the editor using Ctrl + V I get the following dialog box error showing.

Command 'PasteCleanHTML' Error: Component returned failure code:0x80004001

(NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [nsIDOMNSHTMLDocument.execCommand]

Again try this on your own site in firefox.

would appreciate a fast answer, as I have a very annoyed client because this issue is holding up a production release

Thanks

Zaggle

View Complete Thread