Re: Install not successful

•  01-23-2008, 1:19 PM

Re: Install not successful

I have spent the weekend trying different things with no luck.

I am running Community sever 2007 version  3.1.20917.1142, non-commercial edition. I am using hosting service godaddy.com.

I have tried removing the integrated software and reinstalling with no results following your deployment instructions. Same error as original post. I  then added CuteSoft_client and sub directory CuteChat using ASP.net 2.0 and tried it that way and still no luck. This caused errors on the home page and unable to find file errors when I try to pull up the default.aspx file. Chat admin doesn't work and neither does messenger.

I tried installing the stand alone version and still no luck. I added the folders to use ASP Net 2.0. I get the error below:

The problem is it is looking for info in the web.config file in the root directory. I can't copy the web.config file over becuase the one in the root has the info for community sever. I have tried copying the contents of the supplied web.config file over but that doesn't work either.

The other issue is I don't seem to be logging any of the errors. So I have nothing to go on to fix the problem.

I have seen your product on the website and think it is great how it integrates into Community Sever, but I can't get it to work.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'CommunityServer.Components' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

View Complete Thread