Re: I Have Concerns with CuteChat 4 Trial, Before Purchase

•  12-05-2007, 5:49 PM

Re: I Have Concerns with CuteChat 4 Trial, Before Purchase

Adam:
    >>6) The chat system has reset itself on a number of occasions, and has caused IIS to reset twice, in the 2 weeks since we installed this. Is there a way we can turn on traces or dumps in this software, so that we can hand them off to you for analysis?

If any errors happen, cute chat should log it. Please go to the root of your application. If you can find a folder named "Errors",  check the files under it.

Since installing the software on 11/15/2007, we've logged 1,772 instances of this SQL Exception, all seemingly from your product:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: String or binary data would be truncated.
    The statement has been terminated.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
       at CuteChat.SqlServerDataProvider.LogMessage(ChatPlace place, ChatIdentity sender, ChatIdentity target, Boolean whisper, String text, String html)
       at CuteChat.ChatDataManager.e.Process(IChatDataProvider provider)
       at CuteChat.ChatDataManager.Maintain()

As well as a small handfull of other errors. Shall I include a copy of those as well?

View Complete Thread