CuteEditor seems to steal focus after loading

•  08-23-2007, 9:34 AM

CuteEditor seems to steal focus after loading

If I am posting about problem I am experiancing I might as well ask about another problem we encounterd and have not been able to fix yet.

We show 3 cuteeditors on 1 screen. Everytime the page loads in IE the center editor gets what I think is the focus. The webpage focuses around the center editor. This while all the editors for sure have Focus="false" (it's 1 usercontrol with cuteeditor being part of it that gets repeated 3 times. So they all act the same way).

I have been doing some checking on this forum and also tried out solutions like setting the correct tabindex. But nothing has solved the problem. A lot of the solutions I found included upgrading to a new version, but these posts where often over a year old and we've only started using CuteEditor about 3 weeks ago.

The editor currently looks as such:

<CE:Editor
        id="ceEditor"
        EditorWysiwygModeCss="~/system/css/CMSToolkit_editor.css,~/templates/editorcss/editor.css"      
        ConfigurationPath="~/system/controls/CuteSoft_Client/CuteEditor/Configuration/becoeditor.config"
        runat="server"
        CustomCulture="nl-NL"
        EnableAntiSpamEmailEncoder="true"
        ConvertHTMLTagstoLowercase="true"
        ShowPreviewMode="false"
        TextAreaStyle-CssClass="CuteEditorTextArea"
        UseRelativeLinks="true"
        UseHTMLEntities="true"
        UseFontTags="false"
        UseSimpleAmpersand="true"
        CssClass="ceCuteEditor"
        Focus="false"
        TabIndex="10"
    /> 

Any idea's how to fix this? I've even tried steeling the focus back, but in the end cuteeditor always wins as it's the last to load.

View Complete Thread