Chat Configuration & Messenger License

•  08-21-2007, 8:02 PM

Chat Configuration & Messenger License

i've just downloaded the demo and evidently it's working on my cs200 site, cause i haven't received an "oops" error, but i can't do anything with either program. i did use the cs2007 integration and followed the deployment.htm page exactly. here's my problems:

1) messenger is giving an error that it won't open cause i've passed my trial period. i downloaded the package yesterday.

2) i have no idea how to fill out the cute chat configuration page. is there information somewhere on that? what is:

General
    global announcement?
    culture type?
    custom culture?

Global Access Control
    file upload filters (people upload files in a chat room?)
    channel skins (i'd like to customize. how do you do that?)

do i have to fill in the file upload size, max length word, max length message? or can i leave them blank and use default?

URLS
    login
    logout

where do i find the urls for those pages? i thought chat was integrated with cs2007 so that my members didn't need to login? i've never needed to login at the cute chat here on this forum, or on other cs sites.

when i click on chat on my main navigation bar it opens a site page with a picture that says chat. i was able to configure one room, but when i click on it, a separate page opens with a chat box in it that says "page not found". so, essentially, none of this is working for me.

what i would like is for a separate page to open from the main nav bar that looks like the chat page here. where the member is already in the room. if they're not a member they should have to register to use the chat.

sorry this is so much, adam, but can you help me? my site is http://tmc1.org if you need ftp access please pm or email me.

View Complete Thread