Store in SQL - Format of link

•  07-03-2007, 3:31 AM

Store in SQL - Format of link

Hi all,

I've changed the file storage from Filesystem to SQL2000 (as discussed here) but now I have 2 questions regarding the inserted links. I've also tried it on your example page and it's the same result:
    1. The inserted link does not have a meaningfull name. When storing in file system the link contains the name of the file, but when storing in SQL server it's just the link ID (like "http://cutesoft.net/example/SqlSample/DownFile.Aspx?fileid=87") and no one knows which attachment is behind it.

Is it possible to change it?

2. As seen above I've added the "Wireless Modem.doc" as FileID 87. But when I click on the link it opens the file in the browser instead of offering a "Save"-Dialog. It is possible to right-click on the link, select "Save Target" and then insert a name like "WordDoc.doc", this works fine. But as described in 1.) the users don't know which attachment type is stored there so they don't even have a workaround. I'm not sure whether this could be solved, but if topic 1.) is fixed my users would at least see that it's a word document and save it on their own (even though it's not very convenient, but currently they don't have any chance to get the attachment in correct format).

Thanks
    Kai

.net Framework 4.0 / ASP.net / VB / CuteEditor 6.7 / SQL 2005
View Complete Thread