Resizing problem with Cutchat and problems with ReloadUI() method (in IM_MainForm.aspx)

•  04-25-2007, 3:57 AM

Resizing problem with Cutchat and problems with ReloadUI() method (in IM_MainForm.aspx)

Hi 

In our web-application we use the integrated version of CuteChat (Version. 3.1.1, asp.net 2.0). The application works well, however it does not resize properly. When changing only the height of the window (or actually frame) CuteChat is placed into, it does not resize. Strangely, only when changing the width resizing works fine.

We have tried to find a workaround for this problem. Resizing the frame minimally and then resizing it back works in IE6 but not in IE7, so this is not an option. We then tried to call the method “ReloadUI()” that is defined in the file “IM_MainForm.aspx” from time to time. This works well, after having called this method, CuteChat has again the proper size. Unfortunately, when running CuteChat over https, which is a requirement for our application, when calling the method from our code the browser message “This page contains both secure and nonsecure items, Do you want to display the nonsecure items” appears. ( I know this is a browser setting that can be switched off, but this is not an option) The actual method repainting the main menu is the following:

Desktop.AppendWindow( CreateInstance("ePrimeInstantMainPanel") );

Oddly, no message that CuteChat changes to nonsecure mode appears when this method is called within CuteChat itself. As the actual code is not readable I am quite at loss at how to solve this problem.

I am looking forward to receiving an answer. Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

Daniel

View Complete Thread