CE failing in many ways.

•  03-27-2007, 12:39 PM

CE failing in many ways.

I need to decide this week whether to purchase CE.  So far, after putting in much work incorporating this product into my application, I am very disappointed.  Perhaps some of the quirkiness I'm experiencing is my fault and can be corrected.  If not, then I can't see any way I would unleash this product on my users.

Why is it that I can't change colors?  I click on the Font Color drop-down, the grid of colors appears, I click on a color, and it ignores me (i.e. the default color selection does not change) .  Furthermore, when I select some text, then click on the Font Color button (or the Highlight button) the font color (or the hightlight color) of the text does not change.  If I look at the HTML code, the selected text is wrapped in a <span /> tag, but without any properties set.

Why don't bulleted lists get inserted where my cursor is in the document?  Instead of inserting a bulleted, or a numbered, list in my document where I've placed the cursor, and where in the document I want the list to appear, the list appears at the top of the document, and includes all existing text in the document as the list's first item.

Why can't I apply text justification to individual elements of text?  I highlight some text to justify, and instead of justifying just the text I've selected, the text justification is applied to the entire document.

Why can't I apply multiple text formatting propertied to a simgle span of text?  I select some text,  the click Bold and Italics, then I change the Font Size, and the font size changes, but the Bold and Italic properties go away.

I hope these issue can be resolved, and that I'm just doing something wrong.  I don't seem to have these issues here.

James
View Complete Thread