Help with updating SQL database entries with CuteEditor

•  11-27-2004, 12:00 AM

Help with updating SQL database entries with CuteEditor

Hello.  I'm in need of a little code assistance since I am not used to this program quite yet.

Currently, we use a straight <textarea> box to input our stuff into a dynamic ASP website.  More recently we were using a free program htmlarea to do our WYSIWYG editing.  It's ok, but not stable, so I purchased CuteEditor for ASP.

What I need to do is replace the <textarea> with this, but there is a catch.  The text body is then saved into MS SQL.  Here is the current line:

"<textarea id="prebody" name="prebody" cols="100" rows="40"><% = strBody %></textarea>"

The id and name coincide with the name of the SQL field that gets saved, and the <% = strbody %> is the text body that would be put into the editor already if there was any..  The SQL field is called earlier in the ASP script.

Now I figured out that putting strbody into the content = field it will come up either blank, or if there's actual content in that database entry, it will appear.  But when I click submit, I want the editor to put it's contents into the database under the prebody entry.

Does this make sense?  Let me know what other info you need.

Thanks
    Mike Mullis
    Next Level Gaming
View Complete Thread