Re: Security Exception Thrown under .NET 2.0 Medium Trust While Uploading Files/Media

•  01-16-2007, 5:56 PM

Re: Security Exception Thrown under .NET 2.0 Medium Trust While Uploading Files/Media

I am having similar problem.  CuteEditor cannot load images from a mapped folder, it either has to be on c: drive or a virtual \path. If I use ImageGalleryPath = "x: or "\\servername\folder" I get an error "cannot map to virtual folder". So I set up a Virtual Dir that points to my mapped folder (which by the way is on same server) and still does not work!

I added ASPNET and IUSR, IWAM to Administrators group and still does not work.  I tried creating my own FileStorage class but it gets a "No more files" error in GetDirectoryFiles() routine.  I can connect to mapped folder just fine in Windows Explorer and add and delete files.  I even went to the expense to create a whole new FileStorage class but I cannot trap or override the event that keeps telling me "x:" is not a valid virtual path.

Why is this so hard?  Why can't we just say ImageGalleryPath = \\servername\somefolder or "x:\somefolder".

FYI my X: drive is mapped to a Sharepoint 3.0 Picture Library - when I view this folder using Windows Explorer the file names and folders display just fine and I do not get a "No more files" or a permission error.  Since ASPNET has Admin privlidges I don't believe this is permission problem.

And please refreain from refering me to the "Programatically change ImageGalleryPath" article again.

thanks
    Bill

View Complete Thread