Re: DNN Provider 4.0 - Customize Toolbar by Role?

•  11-10-2006, 4:40 PM

Re: DNN Provider 4.0 - Customize Toolbar by Role?

I've been trying to follow this thread and I may of missed the answer, but is there a way to without adjusting the web.config for every role to enable roles to only see/upload to a specific folder?

For example, I have multiple authors and within File Manager I create a folder for them, create a role for that specific user and assign that role to the folder with write permissions.  So when they use FTB they can only see/upload items to their folder.

Can CuteEditor provide this same functionality?  If I had only a handful of authors, I wouldn't mind customizing the web.config or the Admin.config or creating custom security files.

If this is possible can you please direct me on how I can do this?  THe reason I'm inquiring about this is, i'm developing multiple sites and designating a person at each site to maintain their authors, so I need a webpage interface that these 'admins' can create a 'work space' for these authors.

I really like the functionality that this editor offers so I hope there is some kind of workaround for this.  This editor seems to be the only one that works as advertised on MAC/PC.  Which is important to me because I work for a school system.

Thanks

Jerry
View Complete Thread