Re: Special Characters - copyright

•  11-02-2006, 8:05 AM

Re: Special Characters - copyright

Adam,

I am still looking for some help here.

In the top post there also seems to be a subsitution:

Quote:

When I insert the code <font face="Symbol">Ó</font> into the html, the print preview shows the correct copyright character in the output. When I do this inside cute editor, the editor changes it to <font face=Symbol>Ó</font> which no longer shows up in the print preview.

Please consider this line of HTML

<p style="FONT-FAMILY: Albertus Extra Bold" align=center>Commercial Loans from a <u>Superior</u> Lender ©</p></div></div>

(In case when I submit this it changes, there is a copyright symbol using default font after the word Lender)

and when I fire the code

Editor1.SaveFile("../Templates/" + strSaveFileName) ' + strPersonal)
    The HTML becomes

<p style="FONT-FAMILY: Albertus Extra Bold" align=center>Commercial Loans from a <u>Superior</u> Lender </p></div></div>

Stripping out the symbol.

If using the font Symbol, you get

<p style="FONT-FAMILY: Albertus Extra Bold" align=center>Commercial Loans from a <u>Superior</u> Lender <span style="FONT-FAMILY: symbol">Ó</span>&nbsp;</p></div></div>

to start with and

<p style="FONT-FAMILY: Albertus Extra Bold" align=center>Commercial Loans from a <u>Superior</u> Lender <span style="FONT-FAMILY: symbol"></span>&nbsp;</p></div></div>

after the savefile command.

There has got to be a reason Cute is stripping out these special characters upon a save, and I really need to know how to correct this behavior.

Thanks,
    Roger

View Complete Thread