Re: Printing problem

•  10-28-2006, 6:03 PM

Re: Printing problem

Adam,

I have a Save and Print Preview button below the cuteeditor control, when that button is clicked, I save the cuteeditor content to database and then in the same event, I am using window.open in javascript to open the print preview.aspx page in a new window. This page will show the saved content from the database, I also replace pagebreaks with the company logo, so each printed page will have the company logo, I am also setting the response.contenttype = "application/msword" The reason to set this is if I don't set this, the header (page n of n) and footer (url of the page) from the browser shows up in the printed page. Once the print preview page shows up, for printing I use File -> Print from the IE menu bar. The problem was it was showing a horizontal line at the bottom on the printed page, now I solved it, still I have a problem, the margin size is too wide, users can go to File -> Page setup and change the margins, but that is additional work for the users.

I will explain what we need to do and may be you might have better suggestion. We want to prepare company letters using cuteeditor, and we need company logo as the letter head. If the page exceeds more than 1 page, those pages also should have logo. First I was thinking of creating letter head (company logo) as a template within cuteeditor and then create pdf, but then the problem is page break doesn't work in pdfs. Also if there are more than 1 page, those pages also should have company logo. Please let me know if there is anything I can do with cuteeditor.
View Complete Thread