Issues with Explorer 5.5

•  09-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Issues with Explorer 5.5

Hi

I have been testing the editor for use on our client machines. We have no problem in IE6 firefox etc, but in IE5.5 we have some strange issues. Also I cannot get them to upgrade as the machines are locked down (very locked down) by fujitsu and they will not be upgrading until they get new machines scheduled to finish in 18 months!!!!

Anyway the problem is

When posting the page back to the server, either by clicking the save button or even a completely separate button on the form IE5.5 issues an ActiveX warning and asks me whether I want to allow it. It doesnt matter whether I click yes or no it does the same thing. Which is that the form is posted back to the server and then returns but all the edits are lost.

Now I have tried frigging this by using the form onsubmit event and have used the editor.getHTML() and wacked it into a hidden form variable. In the page load event on the server I can examine this and it has the correct data, I can then plonk it back into the editor by setting the text and it works!

This is not ideal, I was wondering if you have any issues under IE5.5 and what to do about these activex warnings? YES I KNOW IT DOESNT USE ACTIVEX!! but does IE5.5???

Thanks
View Complete Thread