Using CuteEditor as a Simple TextBox Form Field

•  07-27-2006, 5:11 PM

Using CuteEditor as a Simple TextBox Form Field

I'm new to CuteEditor, but I like it's flexibility so far.  I am creating an email section to our website for feedback and I am using CE as the text area for the user's message.  I would like to also make the 'To' field as a CE, but I'm having problems figuring out how to dumb it down.  I have already removed all the icons, toolbars, and other window items, but I want to perform these additional things on it...

1. - I want it to look like a normal single line textbox so it exactly matches a web form textbox control. Right now it looks like a specialized text area.  I don't want the users to be able to tell the difference.
    2. - I want to allow the user to enter email addresses into the To field. After they leave the To field on the form (onBlur event), I want to perform a callback to the server to check the email addresses against a database.  If they match a pre-authorized email address, then I want to change the email address to a name, turn it blue, and then underline it.  Any email addresses that are not authorized I want to turn them red with no underline.
    3. - If there are more characters than the width of the textbox, I want it to wrap and I want to increase the texbox area by one row size.

Is any of this possible using the CE?  If so, how do I do this?  I see no way of doing this with a regular textbox html form field.

Thanks in advance,
    Jon
View Complete Thread