CuteChat management and customization

•  10-16-2004, 2:56 PM

CuteChat management and customization

I sent these questions through the LiveHelp email form yesterday. But since I haven't recieved a reply, I will try posting them here as well.

Re managing a room:
    * How do the flags Public, Active, Archive, and Allow Anonymous affect the room being managed? In otehr words, what exactly happens under each flag setting?
    * How do the policies Default, Select, VIP, Allow to Speak, Allow Access, Disallow to Speak, Disallow Access affect the room being managed?
    * How is the skin set for the room?

Re using a chat room:
    * How do you open a private window in order to invite another person to join you?
    * What does the Focus checkbox do?
    * What is the Save button suppose to do -- right now it just opens a 404 Object Not Found page?

Re cutomizing the default/login page:
    * How do I remove the empty row <TR><TD style="HEIGHT: 140px" height=140><BR></TD></TR> that is automatically inserted before the Login information on default.aspx (in the CuteChatSample)?

Re licensing:
    * If I purchase a license for mysite.com will it also work for www.mysite.com and for chatroom.mysite.com ?

Re new version:
    * I've seen some support forum posts in which you indicated CuteSoft 2.0 would be released very soon -- can you give an expected release date?

CuteChat seems to be a great product so far. In fact, my only complaint is that the user manual (help files) are pretty light on details. Perhaps I need more instruction because I am new to .NET and am not using any of the integration projects or Visual Studio. So please try to be as detailed as possible when answering my questions. Thanks!
View Complete Thread