CustomFileProvider and separating one user's images from another

•  07-09-2006, 3:21 PM

CustomFileProvider and separating one user's images from another

Hi,

We used to tell Cute Editor's Image Uploader to store images in contextually-generated sub folder paths so that User A's images are not visible to User B. This is possible thanks to Cute Editor's SetSecurityGalleryPath and friends.

We are making a switch to DB-storage of these same images. Thanks to the CustomFileProvider we know how to get started, but we are now at a bit of a loss as to what to do to separate users images.

Because the CustomFileProvider just assigns SetSecurityGalleryPath to "/". How can we still allow User A his/hre private folder and User B his/her different private folder?

Please kindly help,

Thank you!

Best regards,
    -- David

P.S. I have tried SetSecurityGalleryPath to an unique folder name (per user) and that didn't work at all.

P.P.S. I have also tried to add an additional field in the backend fsitems table to track permissions and ownership, but that still has the problem of User A not being able to upload the same named file as User B because of the unique key constrain on the path field. Maybe I can play with the uniqueness constraints?
View Complete Thread