Running CuteMessanger in site with impersonation

•  06-14-2006, 6:21 AM

Running CuteMessanger in site with impersonation

Hello All,

I've recently started with the integration of CuteMessenger in our site which requires impersonation because this is how the database is accessed.
    The scenario is the following:
    1) there is not specific account defined in web.config for impersonation;
    2) after the user logs in he/she is authenticated and its identity is stored in the session;
    3) all subsequent requests are first impersonated (using the identity in the session) and then processed;

I've created the Cute database tables in the existing database that requires trusted connections (that's why impersonation is needed) and implemented a specific connection string provider. Before the connection string is returned I am doing the impersonation and this works fine. My first question is: is there a better place to do the impersonation of the request?

After this it seems (I cannot debug as there is not source code of the Cute dlls) that a web service is used to do something. At this point I am getting an error that some classes cannot be found in C:\Windows\TEMP. The exact error is:

error CS2001: Source file 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\2885569c\9y51fg4p.0.cs' could not be found

I checked with Google and it seems that the problem is related to access permissions to the folder - the temporary classes cannot be created. Then I've allowed everyone to write in this temp folder and the problem disappeared; however this is not a good from point of security.

Can you tell me how to impersonate also the request to/from the web service?

greetings and thanks in advance
    Diman

View Complete Thread