Re: DNN Integration and Username

•  10-01-2004, 1:02 AM

Re: DNN Integration and Username

Thanks for the fast responses and support.  A couple of things - 1 is more on the documentation side.  I should have caught it originally during the install - but wasn't thinking and just followed the instructions.  In the install wizard - when you select the integration portal/type - the pulldown for the database has 'dotnetnuke.dbo.' in there for the DNN solution.  The wizard then uses this information and builds the web.config file.  I had changed the name of my database a while back.  The mis-identifications I was getting was because it was still pointing to the old database.  Changing the <add key="CuteChatDotNetNukeOwnerPrefix" value= line to the correct database resolved that issue.

For what part of the user information is identified for the UserList - I modified the CuteChat.DotNetNukeLib -> SqlDataProvider.cs file.  Originally it does the following query:

cmd.CommandText="select FirstName,IsSuperUser from "+OwnerPrefix+"Users where Username=@username ";

This effectively is pulling the firstname from the logged in user.  I changed the query to:

cmd.CommandText="select Username,IsSuperUser from "+OwnerPrefix+"Users where Username=@username ";

to pull the logged in users username/handle.  Rebuilt the solution and slapped the .dll in place.  This works much better in my environment as that is how everyone knows each other.

Great work on the project. I look forward to continued testing over the next few days.
View Complete Thread