5.1 Glitch - editor.Allowupload

•  04-07-2006, 9:48 AM

5.1 Glitch - editor.Allowupload

I found a glitch in the image and file browsing window.  When you disable the ability to upload a file, folder browsing becomes useless.  Below is the unique ASP code I used to create the error and a screen capture of the error.  Also, here’s demo page of the error:

ht
    tp://www.edu-core.org/cutetest/

It seems that the error comes up when you try to switch to another folder.  Cute Editor tries to write a new path to the upload variable in javascript.  When you disable uploading, the javascript variable is not created.  So, when you click on a folder the script errors out, browsing the folders become useless, you can no longer select an image or file, and Cute Editor becomes unstable when you close the file and image window. 

I downloaded my 5.1 version Tuesday and installed it yesterday. I only mention this fact because I know there been several revisions to 5.1.  I can produce similar errors in IE 6 on Win 2000, IE 6 on WinXP, FireFox 1.5 on Win 2000, Opera on Win 2000.

Can you post a timeline of when this issue will be fixed? We have a product that is entering public beta soon and we need to have a stable product with our software controlling uploads by early next week.

<%
       Dim editor
       Set editor = New CuteEditor
       editor.Allowupload = false
    %>

View Complete Thread