Re: Which do I download?

•  03-08-2006, 1:44 PM

Re: Which do I download?

Here's an update for everyone.  I finally got the chat program to work.  One thing I didn't notice, and wasn't told to check out, was the help file.  I recommend anyone having problems to read the help file instructions AND the .html page instructions provided in the documents folder (because they aren't the same).  I also ended up downloading the .net framework to my computer from microsoft's website, so I could execute the .exe file in the tools folder.  I was told by support that it wasn't necessary...but I went ahead and did it anyway, just in case.  Also....this is most likely the biggest problem I had.  I didn't know the virtual directory HAD to be named "SamplePortal\Web" until I found the help file.  Once I started over and reloaded everything and had my host correct the virtual directory, it started running.

Also, an FYI.  I had trouble getting the zip folder to unzip all of the files in the folder.  It wouldn't unzip the .lic files.  But after I downloaded a trial version of winzip, it worked...so I guess the zip program that comes with XP just isn't good enough.
View Complete Thread