Re: Which do I download?

•  03-07-2006, 8:16 PM

Re: Which do I download?

I don't really know anything about .net.  All I'm trying to do is put a chat program on my website.  I have downloaded this one, but it isn't working.  I've followed what instructions are available...but it still isn't working.  I've been waiting in the live support chat for over an hour now.  My host uses a .net server...I just want a chat program...which should I download?

Like I said above, I downloaded the standalone version, extracted the zip folder, had the host run the sql scripts, had the host create a virtual directory that pointed to /chat2/ and uploaded the files from the "Web" folder to a folder named "chat2" in the root directory (/chat2/).  Then I adjusted the web.config file to match my database connection strings...but it still doesn't work.

One thing I noticed is, when I extracted the zip folder, I got an error at the end that said "file skipped unknown compression method".  I'm not sure which file was skipped, but maybe that's part of the problem????

You guys may want to consider paying someone to produce some good installation instructions, because these were VERY vague, and seemed to leave out way too many details...especially for people who want to upload it via FTP.
View Complete Thread