Error: Edit Text/HTML is currently unavailable

•  11-14-2005, 12:28 PM

Error: Edit Text/HTML is currently unavailable

I get the error mentioned in the subject, anytime an edit Icon using the CuteEditor is clicked. On Friday October 11 one of my users was able to edit content just fine. The next day another user tried to edit content and received the error. I am using DNN 3.1.0 and CuteEditor 4.5 running on Windows Server 2003. I did not change anything between the time it was working and when it stopped working.

I read an old post about clicking the Synchronize Database And File System link. I tried that. I also checked permissions on the DotNetNuke root folder and noticed the Network Service account was not in the list. I added it and set the rights to full control for testing purposes. I restarted the web server. Still does not work.

Here is the exact error from the DNN log.

11/14/2005 9:25:22 AM   Module Load Exception   host     ModuleId: -1; ModuleDefId: -1; FriendlyName: ...
    ModuleId: -1
    ModuleDefId: -1
    FriendlyName:
    ModuleControlSource:
    AssemblyVersion: 03.01.00
    Method: DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Load
    FileName:
    FileLineNumber: 0
    FileColumnNumber: 0
    PortalID: 0
    PortalName: Association of Oregon Counties
    UserID: 1
    UserName: host
    ActiveTabID: 36
    ActiveTabName: Home
    AbsoluteURL: /aoc/Default.aspx
    AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.aocweb.org/aoc/Home/tabid/36/Default.aspx
    ExceptionGUID: 9b25a0b5-ee66-461a-9ca4-f1319c5bcd05
    DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
    InnerException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.ModuleLoadException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at DotNetNuke.UI.UserControls.TextEditor.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    StackTrace:
    Source:
    Server Name: ######

Thanks for any attention to this issue.

Jeremy
View Complete Thread