Re: Click Save Button Event

•  09-23-2005, 3:49 PM

Re: Click Save Button Event

Made some changes ... getting closer ... changes to Label1.Text are still a problem ...

Based on some input form a Google search and my VS2005 Error List, I made the following changes to the capture_save_button_click.aspx file:

OLD CODE:
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="capture_save_button_click.aspx.vb" Inherits="CuteEditorWeb_vb.capture_save_button_click"%> 

NEW CODE:
    <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codefile="capture_save_button_click.aspx.vb" Inherits="capture_save_button_click"
    %>

Codebehind was changed to Codefile and I removed CuteEditorWeb_vb from the Inherits string.

I also changed the codebehind file as follows:

OLD CODE:
    Protected WithEvents Editor1 As CuteEditor.Editor
    Protected WithEvents Editor2 As CuteEditor.Editor
    Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

NEW CODE:
    'Protected WithEvents Editor1 As CuteEditor.Editor
    'Protected WithEvents Editor2 As CuteEditor.Editor
    'Protected WithEvents Label1 As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

I was prompted to comment out the Protected WithEvents code because, for example, if I 'uncommented' the Protected WithEvents Editor1 line, I received this error:

ERROR #
    Error 2
    DESCRIPTION
    'Editor1' is already declared as 'Protected Dim WithEvents Editor1 As CuteEditor.Editor' in this class. 
    FILE:
    C:\Documents and
    Settings\John Happy III\Local Settings\Temp\VWDWebCache\www.hybridrepair.com\howto\CatchSave\capture_save_button_click.aspx.vb
    LINE:
    COLUMN
    PROJECT:
    http://www.hybridrepair.com/

My remaining problem is that Label1.Text now does not change when the SAVE or BUBBLE BUTTON is clicked.

View Complete Thread