Not working in IE using windows authentication (NTLM)

Last post 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-27-2013, 9:34 AM 76934

Not working in IE using windows authentication (NTLM)

Hi,

anyone get problems running the uploader on a site which is configured to use integrated athentication only? Users are reporting that they can upload 1 or 2 times, but on the third it prompts then for a username and password - and then fails. I read somewhere that the uploader likely creates other sessions which can't be authenticated.  The funny thing is that it works in chrome but not ie. I have tried getting the users to add the site as a trusted zone etc but it does not work.

If anyone knows how to fix this i would really appreciate it. 

Environment: ASP.Net 3.5 on Windows 2003.

Steve. 

•  02-27-2013, 12:10 PM 76936 in reply to 76934

Re: Not working in IE using windows authentication (NTLM)

HI scarleto,

Please try the way below

Create a folder name "mytemp" under your site root, set it for property "TempDirectory".

<CuteWebUI:Uploader ID="uploader1" runat="server" TempDirectory="~/mytemp">
            </CuteWebUI:Uploader>

Then do the settings below in your web.config <appSettings> section.  Uploader will use the account what you set for to access the temp directory. for the test, please set it as an administrator user.

<add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.WindowsUsername" value="administrator" />

<add key="CuteWebUI.AjaxUploader.WindowsPassword" value="Your*Password" />

Also, it maybe a permission problem of the flash plug-in, you can disable the flash upload mode to try again.

protected override void OnLoad(EventArgs e)
            {
                uploader1.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash, "true");
                base.OnLoad(e);
            }

Regards,

Ken 

View as RSS news feed in XML