Browser Freezing

Last post 12-03-2009, 11:20 PM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-03-2009, 6:52 PM 57589

Browser Freezing

Hello,

I know this one has been done to death, however I just can't seem to get this control working for a good number of clients.

Our application uses NTLM authentication.  When connecting from an XP machine with IE7, Silverlight 3 and Flash Player 10 to a Windows 2003 IIS 6 server, the Flash control is loaded and causes the browser to completely freeze.  If you cancel before finally uploading, the user receives a 401 error from Flash.  I just downloaded the control again today so I think I have the latest version (3.0 20091124).

I would be perfectly happy limitting the control to Silverlight at this point.  I have included all of the following in various combinations and while they seem to work for a time, eventually the control starts loading the Flash plugin again.  Then again, maybe this isn't doing anything in the first place.

_uploader.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash, "true");
    _uploader.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.NoFlash10, "true");
    _uploader.SetAdvancedOption(UploaderAdvancedOption.SuggestUploadType, "silverlight"); 

This control needs to be a server control so I can't configure these settings in an aspx or ascx file.  But is there a way to configure these values in the config file?  I couldn't find anything in the documentation.  Is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks for the help 
  •  12-03-2009, 11:20 PM 57590 in reply to 57589

Re: Browser Freezing

Hi,

Please use the UploadType property.

You can also check the

static UploaderBase.OnInstanceInit event

You can hook that event, and get all uploader object in the handler, and set property there.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML