Upload suddenly stopped working in Firefox - fixed by installing Silverlight plugin

Last post 08-21-2009, 9:49 AM by cutechat. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-18-2009, 9:35 AM 54762

Upload suddenly stopped working in Firefox - fixed by installing Silverlight plugin

My application was running fine. Then the 30 day trial license expired, and I purchased a license. As part of the purchase I received a new 90 temporary license which I am currently using.

Immediately after doing this, the upload stopped working for some users using Firefox, but not all, with the following changes in behavior:
    • The file dialog box, instead of having "Open" in the title bar has "Select file to upload by server" in the title bar.
    • After selecting a file, a login prompt appears, but valid logins are not accepted.
    • Browser hangs.
    This problem does not occur for users with MSIE, and occurs only for some using Firefox. Comparing the Firefox users with no problems to those with problems I noticed that the users having problems did not have the Silverlight add-in installed. Sure enough, disabling the addin allowed me to reproduce the problem where before there was none, and installing the add-in eliminated the problem.

My question - how can changing the license file (only the license file, not changes to DLL's or code) trigger this? Prior to changing the license file all users were successfully uploading.
  •  08-21-2009, 9:49 AM 54900 in reply to 54762

Re: Upload suddenly stopped working in Firefox - fixed by installing Silverlight plugin

Hi ,

Please download the control and try again.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML