CuteChat for Community Server 2.1 - ChatSystem not Installed

Last post 07-29-2009, 8:00 PM by glenleslie. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-25-2009, 4:12 PM 54280

CuteChat for Community Server 2.1 - ChatSystem not Installed

Brand new user as of this weekend.   Very excited to have stumbled on this software for CS 2.1 as we are long time users of Community Server and really have no plans/needs to run any higher version. 

Downloaded the CS 2.1 CuteChat integration and installed per instructions here: http://cutesoft.net/ASP.NET+Chat/Developer-Guide/index.htm#page=DeploymentCS21.htm

General Error message is:  ChatSystem not installed  

Entire error message is here:  http://oldsaw.org/temp/cutechat_cs21_error.txt 
    • I'm on CS 2.1SP3 (2.1.20423.1)
    • global.asax is in the root (I see that in other forum messages as the key problem with CC and this error message).
    • NETWORK SERVICE has Read/Read & Execute permissions on all the CuteChat files/folders copied into the CS 21 folders.
    • I did note: the SQL Script says Cutchat5.sql as the file name but all table references and created objects in the script are cutechat4.  Is this an issue?
    • I am using IIS7 on Vista SP1.   Is that an issue?  CS21 runs fine on this (test/dev system).
     Hopefully I made a newb mistake somewhere in here?

Thanks

GL

•  07-27-2009, 4:52 AM 54287 in reply to 54280

Re: CuteChat for Community Server 2.1 - ChatSystem not Installed

Hi glenleslie,

can you set up ftp access for me? I will check the code for you.

Regards,

Ken

•  07-27-2009, 5:00 PM 54316 in reply to 54287

Hi Kenneth,

I'm behind a firewall.  Any straight out of the chute things I can do to test or send you some feedback?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Regards,

Glen
  •  07-29-2009, 8:00 PM 54384 in reply to 54316

Hi Kenneth,

Sent you a PM.  Please respond regarding pricing.

For all others:  I think this was related to a global.asax issue.  If you copy during a period of heavy usage, it could be locked  on your server and not copy properly.  Make sure you check the contents of the CuteChat global.asax in the Install vs. what ended up on your server.

GL

View as RSS news feed in XML