I can not get started.

Last post 03-25-2008, 4:28 PM by markp0249. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-24-2008, 4:10 PM 38304

I can not get started.

System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: A valid license cannot be granted for the type DotNetGallery.Gallery

This is the error I am getting. 

<cc1:Gallery ID="gallery1" runat="server" Width="600" Column="6" MaxImageWidth="1024"
                BackColor="#ffffff" CellPadding="5" AutoResizeUploadedImages="true" CellSpacing="5"
                ForeColor="#000000" BorderColor="#cc0000" BorderStyle="solid" BorderWidth="0"
                 ShowUpload="true" ShowEditDescription="false" ShowThumbNailName="true"
                ShowThumbNailSize="true" ShowThumbNailDate="false" ShowThumbNailDescription="true"
                ShowDescriptioninIndexView="false" FolderPath="~/albums/LPU2007">
            </cc1:Gallery>
        </p>
    dotnetgallery.lic that was in the bin folder found in the download is in my Bin folder. 

additionally - If you want to launch the sample right away, place the default_cs.aspx or default_vb.aspx in your
    application folder - I could not find either of these files in my download, I redownloaded and unzipped again with the same results.

Both of your demos are very close to what I am looking for.  I need a control that will set pages. When the thumbnail is clicked allow the original to pop up in a predefined window size (our files are very large).  

I have not installed this on my local host , I am still developing.  I read a different post that made it seem like your development has to be done on your localhost web, so I am moving files there now.

•  03-24-2008, 6:03 PM 38306 in reply to 38304

Re: I can not get started.

Hello Mark,

Is your license properly registered with CuteSoft?

Meaning did you vie for a temporary license or did you submit your domain name directly to CuteSoft?

If you did submit it directly to CuteSoft, you should have received an email from CuteSoft with your .lic file and a confirmation that your domain/sub-domain was approved.

•  03-25-2008, 9:02 AM 38346 in reply to 38306

Nope I didnt realize that was the procedure.  I read the manual , but somehow I missed that. Thank you I will contact them straightaway.
  •  03-25-2008, 4:28 PM 38351 in reply to 38346

I did not see a close or resolved button, but this issue is now closed.

View as RSS news feed in XML