Version numbers - a big mess - how to get 5.2

Last post 06-18-2006, 9:52 PM by ReqMan. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-06-2006, 10:18 AM 19837

Version numbers - a big mess - how to get 5.2

I'm completely confused with your verisions (non) management.

1) Why do I have to check all your messages in the forum to discover that you have released version 5.2? 
    Can't you send an email to your paying customers notifying about a new version and providing its new features and bugs solutions?

2) I purchased version 5.1 for 10 sites and got a link to download that version and the following upgrades withing version 5.
    Where do I find the link to the 5.2?
    When using the link to 5.1 I'm receiving a file with the same name as the one I got for 5.1.
    How do I know that I have downloaded the 5.2?

In conclusion, I think that the handling of those versions is a mess and by being more organized, you will avoid a lot of questions and problems with your customers.

The quality of your product is not only in the code but also in the service you should provide to your customers. 
  •  06-06-2006, 3:00 PM 19851 in reply to 19837

Re: Version numbers - a big mess - how to get 5.2

I agree. Where's the link. Also where's the missing documentation. You have this new config, but you do not tell us how these parameters correspond to the old parameters such as FontFaceList or RemoveServerNamesFromURL or EditCompleteDocument what do we do with these?
  •  06-10-2006, 11:39 PM 20003 in reply to 19851

Why Cutesoft is not answering to this post?
  •  06-13-2006, 2:42 PM 20088 in reply to 19837

Each time CuteSoft rolls a version, the download file changes. I really do not have a problem with this execpt I would like to have some type of sub version number, like 5.2.01, if only to help solve tech support issues. Earlier versions of CuteEdit allowed the displaying of the CuteEdit name and version, I would like this as a method such as

editor1.displayversion=true

The version and sub version could be added to one of the less used config files like editor.config with the current version and date of release. The public demo page for the editor would have this turned on and we could just look at the version number to see if the problems we are having are on the current software. This would eliminate a lot of questions on this forum and free tech support to solve the real problems rather than going around in circles making sure the problem exists in the current version.

RC

•  06-18-2006, 8:33 PM 20239 in reply to 20088

Karen, I still have not received an email with the link to the new version. I thought you said you were going to contact all paying customers? Dont you have a mailinglist of all your customers? It should be a very simple process to send out the said email with download and version information.

•  06-18-2006, 9:52 PM 20242 in reply to 20241

Re: If you could

email sent.

when can we get a proper mailing list for these updates?
    its not fair to expect paying customers to have to check the forums regularly and then have to manually email you to receive an upgrade link.

View as RSS news feed in XML