Database connectivity

Last post 07-13-2012, 6:00 PM by rkartman. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-10-2012, 9:47 AM 73859

Database connectivity

I must re-create my existing Frontpage website with something that will give me as much wysiwyg as possible, as I do not know code. My main concern is replacing my current system of creating .asp (or a newer, more current scripting language) pages with the FP wizard, whichenables me to draw fields from tables and queries within my Access database (which resides in a folder within the website)

I have developed over 200 .asp forms used for both updating and viewing by clients, and I have been told that .asp is an older scripting language that is being replaced by asp.net? I do not expect to migrate these pages, and I also have been told in other forums such as Word Press that I will likely have to go to a Linux server where a mysql database must be used.

Do any of the Cute programs offer a similar "database connection wizard" as in Frontpage? Not to be defensive, but I'd also appreciate not being scoffed at because of my use of Frontpage (which seems to be a "dirty word" to some of the developers within some forums.)

Thanks,

Ron

•  06-11-2012, 2:07 AM 73862 in reply to 73859

Re: Database connectivity

Hi rkartman,

We have not provide a software like this, sorry for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-12-2012, 11:27 AM 73880 in reply to 73862

Ken:

Is your software strictly an html editor? If so, can you recommend a program that I would be able to use alongside your software, so that I can create web pages and create my forms tied to the database separately?
  •  07-13-2012, 4:01 PM 74136 in reply to 73859

HI,
    Search a software like this. It is obviously better for you. 
  •  07-13-2012, 6:00 PM 74138 in reply to 74136

Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by, "search a software like this"

Ron
View as RSS news feed in XML