Firefox Paste from Word Adds Meta Tags

Last post 04-27-2010, 10:33 AM by Adam. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-23-2010, 10:27 AM 60351

Firefox Paste from Word Adds Meta Tags

I've been beating my head against the wall on this and was finally able to duplicate it.  We have several hundreds of instances where clients have pasted word documents and it ends up having a ton of word metadata in it to include things like filelist, font definitions, if gte mso 9, etc...  I looked at all the firefox word paste related posts and saw similar issues, but all seemed to be fixed in the newer versions.

When users then view this information in IE, IE cuts off everything where this metadata starts and fails to render anything below that on the page.  The common element is people who used Firefox when pasting and posting the word document.  I tried doing every kind of paste on the toolbar, and Ctrl-V, and right click paste without duplication.  Attempting to use the clean up html to remove word tags after the fact would not remove the offending tags.

It does happen if you select-all in the word document and then drag and drop into the editor to paste though.  Eureka!

Note:  This affects earlier versions of cute editor and 6.6.  It also affects the legacy asp control too.  It will not be fun cleaning up all the garbage in the database.

What is the best way to handle this?  Is there some way I can coax drag drop to behave the same way a keyboard/toolbar/right click paste?  Or do I have to disable  Editor.EnableDragDrop?
  •  04-27-2010, 10:33 AM 60460 in reply to 60351

Re: Firefox Paste from Word Adds Meta Tags

View as RSS news feed in XML