1 SQL Server DB, 2 websites, 2 Cutechat licenses (Attn: Terry)

Last post 07-08-2005, 1:56 PM by ryan.shripat. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-25-2005, 4:20 PM 7005

1 SQL Server DB, 2 websites, 2 Cutechat licenses (Attn: Terry)

Good day,

We have a client "MinPub" which wants to have 2 separate websites for two different entities under its control: "NATT" and "SATD". We have decided to host both websites under one account with the web host provider, in different directories and have 2 separate domain names point to these 2 specific directories. Both sites wish to have CuteChat available; to this end, we have purchased 2 CuteChat licenses. The problem now is that both sites need to share ONE SQL Server database. How do we now keep the CuteChat applications separate for each site with only one SQL Server DB ? If there is no obvious solution to this, we are willing to let CuteChat run on MS Access for at least one of the sites; however, I've been informed by "Adam" from support that this may not be possible, even though we have the technical wherewithal to modify the code.

I'm curious as to how we can get CuteChat to work under these circumstances; we're working with a deadline and would GREATLY appreciate someone's assistance...

Regards,
    Ryan Shripat
    ILLUMINAT
  •  05-31-2005, 9:13 AM 7122 in reply to 7005

Re: 1 SQL Server DB, 2 websites, 2 Cutechat licenses (Attn: Terry)

Ryan Shripat:

Are the both websites have the same users ?
    If not , maybe ms access would be the solution . But we haven't write ms-access provider and test it yet . 

when is your deadline ? I will implement the ms access provider soon .
    Regards , Terry .
  •  07-08-2005, 1:56 PM 8526 in reply to 7122

Re: 1 SQL Server DB, 2 websites, 2 Cutechat licenses (Attn: Terry)

Terry,
    We'd like very much to be able to implement this on our sites within the next week or so... The sites have totally different users, so MS Access might indeed be the only recourse here... How soon do you think we can get a copy of CuteChat with the MS Access Provider...?

Thanks,
    Ryan Shripat
View as RSS news feed in XML