Custom file provider

Last post 09-11-2007, 10:39 AM by davgut. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-08-2007, 6:40 AM 33383

Custom file provider

Hi!

I am having difficulties getting my custom file provider to work. I am using relative links to images in my "design" site so that the html created can beused in any host "header". When using the Image gallery and Insert image buttons, I do not see my images in the preview area, and the "settings" for the image are not displayed. I have concluded that this is because the image is not found on the relative url. How should I solve this problem? I use an aspx file called GetImage in the "root" of the site, so the relative url look something like this: GetImage.aspx?ImageGuid=1a9dac40-5de3-456c-abb7-999a00a12de0

Are there any properties I should set to append the host portion to form an absolute url?

Sincerely
    David Gutefeldt
    DigRAD AB
  •  09-11-2007, 10:01 AM 33454 in reply to 33383

Re: Custom file provider

•  09-11-2007, 10:39 AM 33458 in reply to 33454

Re: Custom file provider

Yes I have used it as a template for my own implementation.
    I discovered that the problem is that CE expects the GetImage file to be in the same directory as the ImageEditor. That is why it did not work. You should implement functionality to allow the image editor to work with relative urls for the gallery... When I return that the Image can be retrieved by the "GetImage.aspx?..." file that same file should be used to display the image in the editor and the gallery. That does not work in the current version...

By the way. The sample projects are VERY poorly documented... You should avoid lots of support issues by producing better documented examples... If the CE is as poorly documented I can understand why bugs seems to appear everywhere, as noted in theese forums...
View as RSS news feed in XML