Questions about the chat

Last post 12-16-2004, 6:22 AM by Faronson. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-15-2004, 5:09 AM 3040

Questions about the chat

The company I work for are in need of a chat for a website for kids with parents with mental illnesses. The chat is supposed to only be open a couple of hours a week and with a trained psychiatrist as administer.

We have downloaded the trial version of the chat and got the sample application to work. Weve tried different kinds of chats for websites but this one looks the best.
    Because of the sensitive subject they need to be able to kick persons and even ban them from the chat. But whenever I kick a person they cant log back in again. It just says "You are rejected". They can log back in again after the project has been rebuilt though. I cant seem to find anything about the kick in the database, is it stored in session-variables or in cookies? If so, what is the timeout?

The other problem Ive found is that you cant close down the chat. Even if you as administer set the room as unactive the people thats already in the chat doesnt get kicked out. Do I have to manually kick each and everyone out of the room? Ive also noticed that the policy for the room isnt saved in the manage-section, is that why?

Is it possible to have multiple administrators?

Other then that the chat looks very good.
  •  12-15-2004, 10:02 AM 3044 in reply to 3040

Re: Questions about the chat

First , you must login as the site-administrator , and send the '/admin' to open the administration window .
    In the administration window , you could set the 'policy' of the user . (For example , you could set the user as 'Disallow Access')
    The policy could store in the database , for the registered-user only .
    So for the anonymous user , that 'policy' would reset while the conversation reseted .
    So , click the 'Users' in the right-top corner of the administration window , you could set  registered-users to be the administrator of that room .
    You could allow/deny anonymous users in the room's setting and the web.config .
    The room 'Active' is not used for the version CuteChat1.1 , but you could set the room as not 'Public' .
    When a room is not public , users must be accept before they enter the room (except the Administrators)

Regards , Terry .
  •  12-16-2004, 6:22 AM 3058 in reply to 3044

Re: Questions about the chat

So if I want to close a chatroom with people in it I need to set the room as not public and then kick everyone manually from the room?

For how long are they kicked? When do the kick timeout? Cause the kick itself is not saved in the database.
View as RSS news feed in XML