DotNetGallery in Visual Studio .NET 2003 project

Last post 12-15-2005, 6:00 AM by johnsi. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-14-2005, 7:58 AM 13865

DotNetGallery in Visual Studio .NET 2003 project

Are there any instructions on how to get the control to work in a WebForm in a VS .NET project.

When I include the control in a page, I get the following:

Server Error in '/DotNetGallery' Application.

Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type DotNetGallery.Gallery from assembly DotNetGallery, Version=1.0.2174.13885, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

Source Error:

Line 13: 		<form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
    Line 14: 			<p align="center">
    Line 15: 				<CE:Gallery id="gallery1" runat="server" Height="500" Width="600" Column="8" MaxImageWidth="1024"
    Line 16: 					BackColor="#ffffff" CellPadding="5" AutoResizeUploadedImages="true" CellSpacing="5" ForeColor="#000000"
    Line 17: 					BorderColor="#cc0000" BorderStyle="solid" BorderWidth="0" CssClass="container" ShowUpload="true"

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\DotNetGallery\WebForm1.aspx    Line: 15

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2032; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2032

I can get the sample in the download to work fine as long as I do not try to include in in my project.

I'm assuming I need to add the DotNETGallery as one of my references.

The following is my html code for WebForm1.aspx

<%@ Page language="c#" Codebehind="WebForm1.aspx.cs" AutoEventWireup="false" Inherits="DotNetGallery.WebForm1" %>
    <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="DotNetGallery" Assembly="DotNetGallery" %>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" >
    <html>
     <head>
      <title>WebForm1</title>
      <meta name="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 7.1">
      <meta name="CODE_LANGUAGE" Content="C#">
      <meta name="vs_defaultClientScript" content="JavaScript">
      <meta name="vs_targetSchema" content="http://schemas.microsoft.com/intellisense/ie5">
     </head>
     <body MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
      <form id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
       <p align="center">
        <CE:Gallery id="gallery1" runat="server" Height="500" Width="600" Column="8" MaxImageWidth="1024"
         BackColor="#ffffff" CellPadding="5" AutoResizeUploadedImages="true" CellSpacing="5" ForeColor="#000000"
         BorderColor="#cc0000" BorderStyle="solid" BorderWidth="0" CssClass="container" ShowUpload="true"
         ShowEditDescription="true" ShowThumbNailName="true" ShowThumbNailSize="true" ShowThumbNailDate="false"
         ShowThumbNailDescription="true" FolderPath="~/samplefolder"></CE:Gallery><br>
       </p>
      </form>
     </body>
    </html>

•  12-15-2005, 6:00 AM 13925 in reply to 13865

Re: DotNetGallery in Visual Studio .NET 2003 project

I discovered the problem. It was a bonehead move on my part. When I created the VS .NET project, I created it in a folder called DotNetGallery. By default, the output of the compiler was DotNetGallery.dll which was overwriting the DotNetGallery.dll in the bin directory.
View as RSS news feed in XML