Persists Uploader Control

Last post 04-11-2010, 8:30 PM by cutechat. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-08-2010, 9:49 AM 59940

Persists Uploader Control

Hi

I'm working on some composite web controls for a dynamic form engine.

I have a question on the usage of the persists upload control. The demo doesn't really demonstrate the purpose if you look at the code.

In the demo http://ajaxuploader.com/Demo/Persist-upload-file.aspx you have created a button which just posts back and added an upload control.

You show the  PersistedFile_FileUploaded handler using the returned args object and the regular button just doing a postback.

You state on the page "A sample demonstrating how to persist the selected files during page postbacks. Ajax Uploader can hold an object temporarily and you can save it anytime you want."

However, crucially what you do not show is accessing the "args"  (PersistedFileEventArgs) at a later point when you want to do your save.

How exactly do I access the persisted file object to save it later?  I'm was hoping to avoid having to store the file memory object manually and just access ajaxuploader later when i needed to. This demo doesnt appear to show this...

Hope you can help

Filed under:
  •  04-08-2010, 1:58 PM 59949 in reply to 59940

Re: Persists Uploader Control

Aha, the Persist version has a property "File" where the uploaded attachment can be accessed later...

This took quite a bit of digging to find, just FYI

If it was shown in the persist demo it would have been really helpful... as it is, its pretty useless as a demonstration

Great control otherwise 
  •  04-11-2010, 8:30 PM 59996 in reply to 59940

Re: Persists Uploader Control

Hi,

You're right .

That demo is not good enough to how to use that control.

We will add a new button to show the 'current File' and let customers understand it.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Terry
View as RSS news feed in XML