Mac Compatibility

Last post 07-03-2005, 5:32 AM by Torquemada. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-30-2005, 7:03 PM 8238

Mac Compatibility

The toolbar buttons don't show up on Mac computers, and the HTML formatting doesn't seem to work either - I've tested it on OS X with Safari, Firefox, and IE, and they all do the same thing.

Am I missing something?
    Is there some compatibility setting or other issue that may be causing this?

Thanks.

Malcolm
  •  07-01-2005, 3:56 AM 8254 in reply to 8238

Re: Mac Compatibility

CuteEditor, like nearly all other Rich Text Box controls, does not work at all with Safari and mostly works with Gecko browsers like Firefox but with some issues.

You are wrong to say "they all do the same thing" - they do not. With Safari you just see a regular text box, but with Firefox you see the toolbars and the formatting works quite well.

This is not caused by CuteEditor, but by the lack of necessary functionality in the browsers. The only true cross-browser editors are based on Flash or Java.
  •  07-02-2005, 10:51 PM 8299 in reply to 8254

Thanks for the reply, but when I said I'd tested them and they all did the same thing, I was accurately stating the problem that I was having.

CuteEditor may be supposed to work with Firefox, and you may be supposed to see the toolbars and the the formatting may be supposed to work quite well - and if it does this for you, then great! But when I test it on my computers with OS X and Firefox 1.01 it does not. If it did, I wouldn't have bothered to make my first post.

Therefore, my original question still stands. Am I missing something, or is there something else I should be doing with CuteEditor to make it compatible?

Malcolm
  •  07-02-2005, 11:13 PM 8301 in reply to 8299

•  07-03-2005, 5:32 AM 8306 in reply to 8299

Malcolm,

The fact is that CuteEditor does work in Firefox on the Mac - see the screenshot below. I'm using OSX 10.3.9 and Firefox 1.0.3. So you have most likely set it up wrong - maybe you didn't copy all the files you need to your server.

How exactly are you testing this? Are you trying to view the demos on the Cutesoft web site? Or have you set up a web site of your own and are trying it out there?

View as RSS news feed in XML