Upload issue in VB.NET

Last post 06-18-2013, 3:25 AM by Estherimage. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-29-2012, 10:47 PM 72864

Upload issue in VB.NET

VB project is migrated to VB.NET. In that I am facing one issue.
    Need to upload the configuration file to the device. For that, in the Background_DoWork, we are initializing the form which contains progressbar and then

AddHandler Me.webClient.UploadProgressChanged, AddressOf Me.UpdateProgressBar

is provided.
    In the UpdateProgressBar method, we are incrementing the progress bar value.

But I am not able to see the progress bar. Hope UploadProgressChanged event is not triggering.

Anybody could help me to resolve this is appreciated.

Code for the above issue is as below

Public Sub BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.ComponentModel.DoWorkEventArgs) Handles BackgroundWorker1.DoWork

Dim isTimerCreated As Boolean = True

If (frmTimer1 Is Nothing) Then

isTimerCreated = False

ElseIf (frmTimer1.IsDisposed) Then

isTimerCreated = False

End If

If (Not isTimerCreated) Then

frmTimer1 = New frmTimer()

Dim handle As IntPtr = frmTimer1.Handle

frmTimer1.Timer1.Enabled = True

frmTimer1.Timer1.Start()

frmTimer1.Show()

End If

AddHandler Me.webClient.UploadProgressChanged, AddressOf Me.UpdateProgressBar

Me.isUploaded = Me.FtpFileTransfer(strFullFilePath, "PUT")

frmTimer1.Timer1.Stop()

frmTimer1.Close()
    End Sub

Public Sub UpdateProgressBar(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Net.UploadFileCompletedEventArgs)

Try

Dim realProgress As Integer

If frmTimer1.ProgressBar1.InvokeRequired Then

frmTimer1.ProgressBar1.Invoke(New UploadFileCompletedEventHandler(AddressOf UpdateProgressBar), sender, e)

Exit Sub

End If

frmTimer1.ProgressBar1.Value = CInt(frmTimer1.Min + ((frmTimer1.Max - frmTimer1.Min) * realProgress) / 100)

Catch ex As WebException

If ex.Status = WebExceptionStatus.SendFailure Then

MsgBox("FTPServer connection failure" & strCrLf & "Upload Aborted", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)

'FtpFileUpLoad = False

Exit Sub

End If

End Try

End Sub

•  01-30-2012, 6:45 AM 72867 in reply to 72864

Re: Upload issue in VB.NET

Hi Ranjinikg,

1. Method "UploadProgressChanged" is not a part of DotNetGallery, if it is your own method, I think you need to check your code which fire this method.

2. And the progressbar, do you mean the progressbar of the DotNetGallery upload function?  DotNetGallery does not provided the method to custom the progressbar image. So I am not sure what is the "frmTimer1.ProgressBar1.Value" mean.

Can you explain your question in detail?

Regards,

Ken 
  •  06-18-2013, 3:25 AM 77570 in reply to 72864

Re: Upload issue in VB.NET

Why don't you use a mature image uploading api,as mentioned above,"UploadProgressChanged" is not a part of DotNetGallery,so you may have to worked out the method by yourself.
View as RSS news feed in XML