Updates in Cute Editor Control DO NOT Save to SQL Database Table.

Last post 05-21-2013, 7:35 PM by Chaplain Doug. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-20-2013, 6:13 PM 77464

Updates in Cute Editor Control DO NOT Save to SQL Database Table.

ASP.Net.  Visual Web Developer 2012. Windows Server 2008 R2. SQL Server 2008. Cute Editor.

I am using the Cute Editor control on a web page within a site designed using Microsoft Web Developer. The Cute Editor is in a formview control.   The CuteEditor control is bound to a field in a SQL table.  Any changes I make to text within the Cute Editor box DO NOT SAVE to the database when I try to update the bound record.  All the other controls (non-CuteEditor controls) that are also bound to fields in the table save fine when I do the update.  What could be causing the Cute Editor to behave this way?

The Cute Editor control is in a formview control that also has some textbox controls. Changes made
    in the textbox controls save. It is just the Cute Editor that gives me the problem.

•  05-21-2013, 12:08 PM 77465 in reply to 77464

Re: Updates in Cute Editor Control DO NOT Save to SQL Database Table.

Hi Chaplain,

1. Try get the editor content and shows it in a label control of your page. does it work? 

2. If replace the editor as a normal textbox control, does it save correct? 

3.Can you show me the code what you are using to save the editor content?

Regards,

Ken 

•  05-21-2013, 7:33 PM 77468 in reply to 77464

As indicated in the following post and in other posts, the issue is with IE9.  I too found that when I set IE9 to compatibility mode, the edits updated as expect.

http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/68776.aspx

•  05-21-2013, 7:35 PM 77469 in reply to 77468

SO, for the Cute Editor designers, (I am not shouting here, just want it to stand out) THE PROBLEM IS THAT CUTE EDITOR DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY IN IE9.  This needs to be fixed.  UNTIL THEN WE MUST SET IE9 TO COMPATIBILITY MODE.
View as RSS news feed in XML