Cute Editor Changes NOT Saving Since Move to New Server

Last post 07-20-2012, 7:32 AM by Kenneth. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-19-2012, 5:58 PM 74178

Cute Editor Changes NOT Saving Since Move to New Server

ASP.Net.  Net Framework 3.5.  Visual Web Developer 2012. Windows Server 2008 R2. SQL Server 2008. Cute Editor.

I am using the Cute Editor control on a web page within a site designed using Microsoft Web Developer. The Cute Editor is in a formview control.  The whole formview is tied to a SQL database.  Any changes I make to text within the Cute Editor box DO NOT SAVE to the database. 

The Cute Editor control is in a formview control that also has some textbox controls. Changes made
    in the textbox controls save under all scenarios. It is just the Cute Editor that gives me the problem.

I also get the following error when trying to access the image gallery:Unable to write to folder:~/UploaderTemp.  Please change the permissions of this folder or specify a temporary folder using TempDirectory property or setting temporary file location in web.config.

•  07-20-2012, 7:32 AM 74182 in reply to 74178

Re: Cute Editor Changes NOT Saving Since Move to New Server

Hi Chaplain,

1. If replace the editor with a simple textbox, does it save correct?

2. Please try the example page below on your site. Does it save correct?

If this example page works, it means that the editor function has no problem.  You can use the same way on your own page. 

1. <%@ Page Language="C#" ValidateRequest="false" %>  
    3. <%@ Register TagPrefix="CE" Namespace="CuteEditor" Assembly="CuteEditor" %>  
    4. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">  
    6. <script runat="server">  
    7.     protected void btnSave_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)  
    8.     {  
    9.         textBox1.Text = Editor1.Text;  
    10.     }  
    11. </script>  
    13. <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">  
    14. <head runat="server">  
    15.     <title>example</title>  
    16. </head>  
    17. <body>  
    18.     <form id="form1" runat="server">  
    19.         <div>  
    20.             <CE:Editor ID="Editor1" runat="server">  
    21.             </CE:Editor>  
    22.             <asp:Button ID="btnSave" runat="server" Text="save" OnClick="btnSave_Click" /><br />  
    23.             <asp:TextBox ID="textBox1" runat="server" TextMode="multiLine" Rows="10" Width="800"></asp:TextBox>  
    24.         </div>  
    25.     </form>  
    26. </body>  
    27. </html>  

3. The permission problem.

Please give the write/read permission to your site of folder "UploaderTemp" which under the root of your site.(if not there, please create a new one) 

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML