Live Support, Chat, Upload Control and Rich Text Editor
Welcome to Support forums Sign in | Join | Help |Client Center
in Search

IE9 and Operator Error

Last post 08-02-2012, 2:25 AM by JohnC. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-19-2012, 9:21 AM 73933

    IE9 and Operator Error

    Hi Community and Support, I purchased a 10 domain Small Business Licence around June 2010, I am only using two domains as of yet, these two were deployed towards the end of 2010, for some time now we have been aware of an issue with IE9 and the operator client giving an error message if IE9 was installed on an operator machine, we have got around this so far by not upgrading to IE9, however the operator team is about to expand and the company that I work with wishes to knock this error and issue on the head.
     
    I have searched the forum and found similar issues re IE9, the general advice given is to upgrade to the latest version, is this still the recommended solution? If so could you point me to the required update files please?
     
    For information purposes I have checked and the dll seems to be version 5.1 if that is of any use...
     
    regards,
    John C.
  •  06-19-2012, 11:38 AM 73935 in reply to 73933

    Re: IE9 and Operator Error

    Hi JohnC,
     
    1. I suggest you try the new operator first. The ie 9 issue already fixed in the latest version operator.
     
    Latest version operator download url: http://www.cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21869/download.aspx
     
    2. If the new operator does not work correct with your current version. The please upgrade the server side CuteLiveSupport to the latest version too.
     
    CuteLiveSupport latest version download url: http://www.cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21855/download.aspx
     
    Just need to delete the old dll files from the "bin" folder and delete the "CuteSoft_Client" folder, then use the new one from the new package.
     
    Note: please do a back up of the server side CuteLiveSupport files before you do the upgrade. 
     
    Regards,
     
    Ken 
  •  06-21-2012, 6:24 AM 73950 in reply to 73935

    Re: IE9 and Operator Error

    Hi Kenneth, thanks for the links and advice. We have upgraded a single Operator and after restarting the application, iisreset, we are seeing strange characters coming through in the chat window such as;
     
    ^4div style='font-family^2;font-size^2;color^2'^5Hi - This is blah blah blah...
     
    Additionally operators did not seem to be able to accept chat sessions from customers coming through the website.
     
    I've seen another thread here and the advice given was to install the latest server as well as client operator, this is how I am going to proceed unless you tell me otherwise. I have one question though, as we appear to be running version 5.1, are there any database changes that I should be aware of?
     
    I will obviously make backups of the CuteSoft_Client folder and the files from the bin directory, but apart from some very minor customisation that we have made to the user interface it should be relatively painless switching the server software as long as it only involves replacing the bin files and CuteSoft_Client folder,
     
    Regards,
    John C.
     
     
  •  06-21-2012, 7:37 AM 73951 in reply to 73950

    Re: IE9 and Operator Error

    Hi JohnC,
     
    1. The database has nothing changed. 
     
    2.  About the "CuteSoft_Client" folder, you can put your custom files back after upgraded, it will not causes problem.
     
    Regards,
     
    Ken 
  •  08-02-2012, 2:25 AM 74337 in reply to 73951

    Re: IE9 and Operator Error

    Hi CuteSoft and Community, just wanted to report back that the upgrade went well. After changing the server version as well as the client operator the strange characters that were being output have disappeared,
     
    Regards,
    John C.
     
     
View as RSS news feed in XML
Powered by ASP.Net
Copyright 2003 - 2017 CuteSoft Components Inc.. All rights reserved.