Paste from Notepad and Browser variances

Last post 04-17-2012, 7:24 AM by Kenneth. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-05-2012, 8:25 AM 73630

Paste from Notepad and Browser variances

When pasting information in from Notepad, the editor reacts differently based on browser.  For example.

1. Firefox enters a <div> at the very beginning and a </div> at the very end of the text; in between each paragraph, it enters <br /><br /> to create the paragraphs.

2. Chrome enters a <div> at the beginning of each paragraph and a </div> at the end of each paragraph; it also enters <div></div> in between paragraphs.

3. IE9 doesn't save the text at all UNLESS you switch between HTML and Normal version before submitting the form the editor is embedded in. That is, after you paste, you can see the text, but  when you submit the form (not the save in the editor, rather .net form), the text disappears--nothing's there.   however, if you paste into normal or HTML mode, and then toggle to the other mode, and then submit the form, it does accept the content. This is also true for updating existing content in the editor ... switching between normal and html is necessary for the edited version to be submitted and retained.  Are there problems with IE 9 in general, or is the latest version of CuteEditor necessary to resolve this problem in IE9?

Is it possible to have all browses work the same when pasting in from Notepad, using one of the available properties of the editor, like BreakElement ... or other?  I am currently using breakelement, and it works when entering content manually, but it works differently for each browser when pasting from Notepad, as mentioned above.  This is the instance:

<CE:Editor id="cntBodyTextBox" BreakElement="P" ConvertHTMLTagstoLowercase="true" ShowPreviewMode="false"  EditorWysiwygModeCss="/cms/editor.css" AutoConfigure="Minimal" Text='<%# Bind("cntBody") %>' Width="98%" runat="server" EnableStripScriptTags="false" EnableStripIframeTags="false" EnableStripStyleTagsCodeInjection="false"></CE:Editor> 
  •  04-05-2012, 11:12 AM 73634 in reply to 73630

Re: Paste from Notepad and Browser variances

Hi acer152,

1. The ie9 save problem already fixed in the latest version, please try on demo http://www.cutesoft.net/example/general.aspx .

Latest version download url: http://www.cutesoft.net/downloads/folders/21904/download.aspx

2. The pasted problem. It due to browser limitation, this issue is not easy to resolve.  I will go ahead and report to our development team. Once issue is resolved, I will keep you posted.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  04-05-2012, 2:17 PM 73638 in reply to 73634

1.  We have customized some of the cute editor source files (directory mapping, file size allowance, etc.).  Are there certain files that need to be changed to upgrade to the latest version, or do all files need to be updated (overwriting our changes)?

2.  Thanks.  This is a big problem for our staff, as they regularly need to paste content in that they have received from authors.  If there is any ETA, that would be appreciated.
  •  04-06-2012, 7:40 AM 73643 in reply to 73638

1. After update, you can put your own customization files back.

2. The new version will be released soon.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  04-16-2012, 10:32 AM 73698 in reply to 73643

Hey Ken,
    Do you have an ETA with a more specific date?  I'm afraid "soon" doesn't sit well with my editorial team.

Thanks!
  •  04-17-2012, 7:24 AM 73704 in reply to 73698

HI acer152,

The version7 will be released in May or June. 

Regards,

Ken 
View as RSS news feed in XML