BUG: Session Expired Error

Last post 03-19-2012, 5:16 AM by RyGa160. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-13-2012, 7:05 AM 73413

BUG: Session Expired Error

Im getting this error "Get error while validating the file : AspUploader : Session Expired" It is a java error.

Getting it on both own implementation but Also Cutesoft hosted Demo pages.

Any ideas? using latest version..   I saw another post of similar from 2010 but seemingly the cause was f/fox but fixed..

the error popsup after every file in the list is attempted. also has a checkbox to Prevent Page from creating additional dialouges.

Full Details:

Happens with multifile upload (NON Ajax version), also hapeens with Cutesoft demo page  http://aspuploader.com/demo/form-multiplefiles.asp

The occurance is intermittant

On latest version (only bought last week).

I have set session.timeout and also scripttimeout to 2 hours
    Environment is multiple locations + computers running Win 7/XP All using Firefox recent versions. My FF is 10.0.2
    Filed under:
  •  03-13-2012, 8:32 AM 73415 in reply to 73413

Re: BUG: Session Expired Error

Hi RyGa160,

Does it happens with special file? special size? I can not reproduce this issue on the demo page with firefox 10.0.2. More information will very helpful to find out the problem.

By the way, please check your session setting, ensure that the session function has not be disabled. 

Please refer to http://cutesoft.net/forums/thread/67699.aspx, it should help.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  03-13-2012, 10:08 AM 73418 in reply to 73415

Hi Ken,

No specific file.

I found that if i uploaded a few dozen images, then let the it sit idle for a minute or two, then tried to upload further files it happened almost every time.

I spoke to the guys back in the office who are testing our changes (who were also instructed to use the demo pages to reproduce). they say they are not leaving it idle, but on a few times when it happened they had opened new tab then gone back to the uploading demo to find the error on screen.

When i reproduced it (and again just now) I simply selected a folder of test images (50-300kb-ish). some times it runs, others it gives the session expired, but i do find it happens more if a few minutes (no more than 90-120 secs) are left between opening the page and choosing the files.

At the moment the other guys are testing with IE to see if it happens.

We are using win server 2008r2. I'm going to double check the worker settings on the app pool in a minute but that dosent explain why the cutesoft hosted pages are also troubled with the error..

Ryan

•  03-13-2012, 2:53 PM 73431 in reply to 73418

Hi RyGa160  ,

Try add the code below into your page. it will activate the session every 6 seconds.

empty.asp can be a empty test page.

function ActivateSession()
    {
        document.body.style.backgroundImage="url(empty.asp?_temp"+new Date()+")"
    }
    setInterval(ActivateSession,60000)

Regards,

ken

•  03-15-2012, 3:38 AM 73458 in reply to 73431

This makes no difference, and also the ASP session isn't the problem as it isn't losing the authentication session object. This is part of a CMS so any loss of session would cause the user to be logged out. but after getting the error from the aspuploader control you can navigate to another secured page without a problem.

As said, this also happens on Cutesoft hosted demo's. so problem isn't related to our implementation.

thanks
    Ryan
  •  03-15-2012, 7:42 AM 73463 in reply to 73458

Hi RyGa160,

Please try tow ways on your pc

1. Disable all plug-in of your firefox browser, and try demo page  http://aspuploader.com/demo/form-multiplefiles.asp again.

2. If allow, disable your firewall and  Anti-virus software then test demo page again.

Regards,

Ken 
  •  03-19-2012, 5:16 AM 73514 in reply to 73463

Used a test laptop with clean install of win7, new install of f/fox 11. no antivrus and windows firewall disabled.

running through home broadband with no other security.

Same result.

Don't worry about it. We've made decision to not use this component and rely on clients installing ftp software for the multiple image transfers. its a controlled cms environment so was always an option for us. this wif it had worked as expected would simply have removed the need for ftp software being installed.

thanks anyway

Ryan
View as RSS news feed in XML